Two weeks ago, I have decided I have had enough with the time and money it takes to keep these nails up. I wanted to go back to my own natural nails. Well, when you get them put on they don't tell you many things. Here are a few in case you didn't know:
1. Your nails will be damaged from having the fake ones on. I mean paper thin and damaged.
2. It takes forever to soak the things off. I was at the nail place for over two hours just getting them taken off.
3. You have to do something with your "own" nails after you take the fake ones off.
4. This all costs money and major upkeep.
5. I had to get a no chip manicure to keep my paper thin nails strong and from splitting.
I have been doing a no-chip manicure now just about every three weeks. My nails are still so thin. Every time I grow them out a little they seem to break. There is no way around this except for not putting on acrylic or gel nails.
My suggestion is, if you really want them put on only put them on for a short while or don't get them done at all. The damage that is does to your real nails is incredible and I am still waiting after all these months to find out how long it will take to get my real nails back in good shape.